Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

The Perfect Lineup



With Aaron Rowand out it leaves the outfield as Pat Burrell, Shane Victorino, and David Delluci. The reserves are Michael Bourn and Chris Roberson. The Phillies just acquired Jose Hernandez from the Pirates as a reserve infielder. Here is the lineup card Charlie Manuel should fill out:

Jimmy Rollins

Shane Victorino

Chase Utley

Ryan Howard

David Delluci

Pat Burrell

Coste or Lieberthal

Abe Nunez

I know the major problem is the three lefties in the middle of the order. I believe it is imperative to get your best hitters in the spots they can drive in runs even if it hurts the matchups. One note is that when a lefthander starts, I would flip flop Delluci and Burrell. I really don't see the Phillies skipping a beat with Aaron Rowand out, but they will miss his leadership and attitude. I am also excited about getting to see Michael Bourn get some playing time.

Last note: Chase Utley will sit tonight out with soreness from last night's collision. Lets hope it is nothing more serious.


Comments:
Phils win again. Good to see Moyer go 6 solid ones. I like seeing Victorino playing everyday. His speed is awesome.
 
i love having rollins and victorino at the top of the lineup. they are both exciting and agressive players.
 
Victorino is fun to watch, but I'd like to see him not swing at every first pitch!

I'm ok with the addition of Jose Hernandez...think he might just help.

The sooner Utley is back in the lineup the better!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?