Saturday, September 30, 2006

 

Good-bye and Goodnight

Well the Phillies put up a phight but in the end it was not meant to be. The Phillies won today but with the Dodgers and Padres both winning the Phillies were eliminated from contention. Many will point to the two losses in Washington and while those were tough losses, this race was loss in June when the Phillies were struggling. It is tough to accept that another year goes by without any October baseball in Philly, but to be optimistic the future appears bright. The Phillies have many young, exciting players to build around. Now the real question is whether Ryan Howard wins NL MVP. He deserves it. He has a led a team that made a push for the playoffs, while Albert Pujols played for a team that is trying to give away its playoff spot. Howard has better numbers and performed without any protection and very few pitches to hit. This season will end without a playoff berth, but it has been an exciting season. The team never gave up and when Gillick declared the year over, the players came together and fought back into the race. Its too bad it is over. It feels like this season started years ago, but I am still not ready to accept that tomorrow's game is the final one until next March.

In the next week or two I wil post a season review, highlighting the positives and negatives of the 2006 season. I will also post a position by position breakdwon and what needs to be done at each position during the off-season. Since the baseball posts will slow down during the winter months, I am going to try something new. I am going to post mostly about the Sixers and Flyers, but since baseball is my favorite sport, I am going to mix in posts about how I came to love the game so much. From attending games with my father, to watching my father's softball games, to wiffle ball in the back yard. I hope that keeps people interested and visiting the site. I know many of my readers are big Phillies phans so hopefully these baseball posts will be of interest to you.

Also, next week I will probably post a season preview for the Sixers and Flyers for the 2006-2007 season. I guess it is time to turn to the NBA/NHL/NFL. Carson, that is what I voted for in your poll though it was a tough decision. Well enjoy tomorrow's final game of the baseball season, and stay tuned through the winter for Sixer, Flyers, and random baseball posts.

Comments:
When is it our turn?

Dane- next year buddy! That's right, we're doing it next season.
 
that's what my crystal ball says. Philadelphia Phillies- World Series Champs in 2007
 
Dane- I like you and all but your crystal ball is a piece of crap...ha!

Anyway, it's the offseason for the Phils starting now and we'll keep rolling over at WSBGM's. So between classes, rehab, and practice, don't forget to stop by.
 
it should be an interesting off-season with a bunch of Phillies being free agents, some enticing free agents (aramis ramirez) and one overpaid player who needs to be traded. i definetly keep visiting WSBGM and don't forgot i will continue with some phillies posts but focus on the sixers and flyers. keep stopping by.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?