Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Long Weekend- Great Article

Well, I don't have much to say today. After a good start to the weekend series against the Marlins, the Phillies came up small in the last two games. Brett Myers needed to turn in an "ace" like start and that didn't happen. I don't want to go off on a soapbox so I will quit writing about this last weekend and look towards the Atlanta Braves series.

For the past week:
Tip of the Cap- Ryan Howard for hitting 7 home runs this past week and single handedly keeping the Phillies in the wild card race. He is staring down Roger Maris and if he gets to 62, he will be the home run champ to me.

Wag of the Finger- Pat Burrell because I can't take it anymore. I did a post a month ago about Burrell being alright if he hit lower in the lineup with less pressure and while this may still be true; I just can't watch him anymore. It's awful.

Last, I found a great article today over at ESPN about Jamie Moyer mentoring Cole Hamels. Hopefully Hamels is a sponge around Moyer because Moyer has two decades of experiences and knowledge to share with Hamels. Check it out at http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2582666&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Comments:
Moyer is helping the Phils on and off the field. Good to see. I would'nt mind at all if he was back next year.

Enjoying these articles Dane. Keep 'em comin'.
 
Hey it said Moyer was in a New Jersey hotel. Forgive my Aussie ignorance, but how far is that from Philly? Is it just across the river? New York is about 100 miles is that right?
 
nj is just across the delaware river. its very close
 
New Jersey is dangerously close to Philly. Hell, I just thought of a new blog topic...Blame Jersey.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?