Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

A Look Into My Crystal Ball

One interesting thing I found while listening to Baltimore Sports Talk Radio (yes, I'm am a Ravens fan), visit http://www.wnst.net/ . Nestor Aparicio has organized a "Free the Birds" rally to try to convince Peter Angelos to sell the team. This is to say that although the Phillies have not made the playoffs since 1993 the Orioles have not had a winning season in nine years. At least the Phillies have been competitive and given us something to cheer about this year and the past couple years. I do sort of follow the Orioles on the side since they are only an hour and a half, and I hope they do will, so good luck to Nestor is this endeavor. Lets Go Phillies. Lets Win that Wild Card.


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
dane: as a guy who grew up in Baltimore during the glory days of that franchise, I have watched the destruction of morale and the overall organization by Peter Angelos with great dismay. Indeed, I remained an O's fan throughout my peregrinations around the country before finally giving up on them many years after I moved to Philadelphia in 1978. I became a Phillies fan in 1995 or so when I could no longer watch Angelos destroy what had been one of the most admired franchises in baseball over the last fifty years. Where in the past players wanted to come to Baltimore to play, many began to avoid it like the plague unless they were only in it for the money, which Angelos was more than happy to hand out.

If you are interested, I wrote a piece on the Orioles in my blog. It focuses on one game in 1983. Here is the link: http://swingandmiss.blogspot.com/2004/07/greatest-game-never-seen.html
 
Dane- I can smell October and my crystal ball is burning red and white with playoff implications!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?